Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm alive and still here.....

Okay...no excuses...we've been busy but I've just not made time to post here. I've been around and had plenty to write about but just now making it here.

We have been going through a series at church "30 Days to Live" and I have so much to share with you about how that short 5 week series has changed my life. I'm in the process of finishing that post and will have it here soon as I'd love to share how God is working in my life. It's been difficult for me to put this into a format that I can express here....as I'm a pretty personal person. It's tough for me to really "share" but I'm slowing learning to do so.

For now....the pictures of my "projects that I've been working on". I've finished painting all of the kids rooms now and plan to start working downstairs real soon.

I still need to get good pics of Kylyn's and Tyler's room but for now I'll give you a glance at Mia's dance room. I dreamed this up (with the help of a dear friend) before we moved in 18 months ago but it took me awhile to find the time to complete it.

Here are a few shots....
view from her vanity area....(I even made the light)
view from her door way....(threw the curtains together too)
and of course her dancing mirror....
Now until I get the pics of the other kids rooms up I thought I'd give you a glance at the downstairs and the touch of Christmas that has arrived.


Those of you who know me well know that I LOVE everything about this season....LOVE the time I get to take off from work and spend with the kids....LOVE shopping for that perfect gift...and most of all LOVE that we are able to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Many of our decorations have been in the family for years. The red ceramic stocking above was made for me when I was 4 years old....
and many pieces were just added to our family this year....
The dining room below will hopefully have COLOR on the walls before our Christmas guests arrive....


a glimpse of our tree below...


This little guy was part of my husband's family growing up....


a snapshot of our staircase below...

and last but certainly not least...




My snowman collection shelf means the most to me. Gabe's grandmother "Ma" went home to be with Jesus less than two short years after Mia's birth. We all know she's in a much better place but the holiday season makes our heart hurt wishing we could have had more time with her. The picture in the frame is of her holding Mia the day she was born. All of the snowmen decorations that we have belonged to her and hold a special place in our home during this season. We only wish she could be here to enjoy them with us.

Lastly....... (I'm sorry this post is all over the place)
Thanks to those of you who have written to make sure I was doing okay. Thanks for coming back here to check for new post and letting me know you cared. I believe that God put you in my life for a reason...because I have needed your thoughts and prayers.
I can't go into detail here just yet as there are many unknowns still (and my oldest daughter loves to read my post.)
There has been something uncovered in a recent screening test that requires further testing. Please pray for my healing. I'd be willing to share the details via email...otherwise hope to post an update here within the next few weeks that contains a positive outcome.
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands
I promise not to stay away so long next time....I'll finish up the pictures soon and be back with more details.

4 comments:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

WELL AS LONG AS YOU are ok, i was worried we saw a piece on tour daughter then catch up , every time i checkedit said cash up , so i thought lets see if she is alrighht

amzing service that seems real awesome.glad you are getting vip info out of service. seek him and doors will open! what a awesome job you did on your daughters dancing room no wonder you had no time to post .ok onew question you did not take a picture but the one of her in LOOKING AT HER REFLECTION WHATS ARE THE WORDS YOU PUT ABOVE ALL I SEE IS LIVE? I'M SO WONDEREING WHAT YOU PUT!

AND YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS LOOKS SO HOMEY AND PIECEFUL SO PRETTY. WELL WELCOME BACK GALD YOU ARE ALRIGHT . THANKS FOR THE COMMENT. IT WAS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! HAPPY HOLIDAY MICHELLE


TELL ME WHAT IS ON THAT WALL IT LLOKED SO CUTE! HOW DID YOU DO THAT WAS IT YOUR HANDWRITTING OR A STENCIAL IS SO PLEASO DO TELL I JUST RE DID MY DAUGHTERS ROOM AND WE ARE ADDING SOME SCRIPTURES UP AS WELL.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

SIMPLE AND BEAUTIFUL SO SWEET YOU ARE A GREAT MOMMY TO TAKE THE TIME AND DO THAT.

Veronica Lee said...

Welcome to Mom Bloggers club ! I'm a SAHM from Malaysia.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR JUST CHECKING UP ON YA!