Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tyler is 9!!!

I have to start by wishing my sweet son a Happy Birthday.
My dearest Tyler....it’s hard to swallow that you are 9 years old today. It just seems like yesterday that you entered into this world. You were such an easy baby to delivery and boy was I in for a surprise once we got home. I never imagined how different you would be from your sister. Because she slept 6 hours at night when she was two weeks old, I just assumed you would too! I assumed because she loved to breastfeed….you would follow her routine. No sir…mom had to rent a pump from the hospital and feed the breast milk to you from a bottle for 4 months. You weren’t having anything to do with latching on. (You still remain stubborn today)

I was in such a stressful place in my life at that time and went through many days that I didn’t want to put my feet on the floor to start the day. Your smiling face made getting out of bed each morning worth it all. It still does. I am so proud of the wonderful child that you have become. I’m proud to hear your prayers to God each night, to hear the compassion as you pray for those in need. I love that you genuinely care about your friends and you have the desire to carry the burdens of those that you love. I love that you love with everything that you have.

I am so proud to have you call me mom each day. I love you, Tyler! Happy 9th Birthday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
To quickly catch up from my unplanned “blogging break”….We had a great Christmas which included several wonderful days of family time. Gabe and I were both able to take off two weeks from work and be home with the kids and had such a great time just being with each other. For the first time in a very long time….we put the blackberry’s down…stayed off the work laptops and put our jobs on the back burner so that we could enjoy the time with family.
January quickly came and went and I’m in awe that we are at the start of February. We have started to kick off planning, registration and meeting for our fall baseball season. We’ve had a record number of players register this season…close to 500 boys and girls. We are getting excited about our opening day parade and activities….I’ll post more on that later.

Last but not least, God is doing some amazing things in my life. Those of you, who “know” me outside of this blog, know that I’m a pretty private person and struggle with sharing below the surface unless I’ve established trust. Because historically, I have been through situations where someone I thought I knew….wasn’t that person. Someone who claimed to “love” me…didn’t even know what love meant. I’ve had a broken marriage, broken friendships and several other situations provoke me to build a wall of defense around me. God is really dealing with me and teaching me so much about who I really am and what trusting really means. So please be patient with me….I am getting there. I am in a place today where I can testify that His Grace….is enough and that He can and will carry me through.

Thanks to all of you who have “checked” in on me. Thank you for checking back for an update….and continuing to do so when there was no update here for so many weeks. I hope to get better at not only updating more frequently but also trusting and sharing!

1 comment:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

God and family always come first , blogging is a hobby we should say , something we like to do sowewear we can talk to others and hear different stories. most of all encourage, lift up and spread God's word.

The last update was your daughters bautiful room there was not a moth or day that I did not check to see if you were ok, and that is understandable that you were in need of famly time especially durningteh past holidays.

this time that is needed with all the econiominc issues and there is a time that you need to breath and pray.
pray that things turn out to be plesent and peaceful for the day to day or week to week or even month to mpnth..

I'm happy to hear taht you have exciting things and that the gace of the lord id getting you wear you need to be.


with all that said I was having a bad morning until I saw your comment and that you are ok and doing well.

You do what you need to do that is more important then any thing else my forend who ever is a good froend will be there in teh end and well if they arent then guess what , they are not ment to be in your life.
Life is to important to let these pop up issues interfear( you know when you are doing aomething imporant and you have a pop up issue ) a person that is only a pop up issue is not needed.


Make great memories enjoy life make it happy for you.

hope to hear from you soon ''


love and regards michelle