Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Pitcher

I LOVE BASEBALL! Many parents find this sport boring but not me! I loved watching my brother play growing up...and then loved it so much in High School I decided to earn my PE credit by becoming the team statistician. This of course had NOTHING to do with being able to travel around with the team and go to all of their events. I wasn't attracted to any of those stinky ball players :)! HA! Really though...I do love it.

Tyler started his 6th season of baseball a few weeks ago. Saturday was our 2nd game of this fall season. Gabe decided to put the boys in fall ball this year since they are moving up to a new division in the spring (kid pitch). I've heard from other parents that this first season can be a dangerous one for all...since the batters often get hit by the pitcher. Ty normally plays catcher and really enjoys it. The boys (dad and Ty) had been telling me all week that Ty was going to pitch this week. I just blew them off because I really didn't know that Ty had it in him. I also knew Gabe wouldn't put him out there until he was really ready and from what little I had seen in the backyard....he wasn't there yet. (Guess that's what I get for missing practices)


So...after the 3rd inning...off came the catchers equipment......and Ty took the mound. For whatever reason...I felt as if I was going to vomit. My baby....who seems like just yesterday was hitting a ball off of a tee and barely knowing which direction to run once he did....was about to pitch!


I think he felt like he was going to vomit as well by the looks of his face. I'd never EVER seen him so focused. I don't know that I've ever seen such a serious...intense look on his face.

He successfully pitched the whole inning and even managed to throw a few strike outs AND as you can see below...finally relaxed a bit and put that smile I normally always see back on his face.

While I'm so proud of my pitcher...I'm also saddened that he's where he is. They just grow up TOO darn fast. I wish I could find pictures of his first season to show how much he's grown. I'll go on a search for them and eventually will post them here for you.
Tyler, mom is so very proud of you and loves you more than words can express!

1 comment:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

LOVE IT , WE LOVE BASE BALL AS WELL ITS FUN, ONLY BORNING GAME I MUST SAY WAS BACK IN 1996 MARLINS THE GAME STARTED AT 7 AND ENDED AT LIKE 1 AM LONG GAME IT DIDNT WANT TO END BUT THEY ARE A RUISH AND FUN. GREAT PICS YOUR SON LOOKS LIKE A PRO IN THE MAKING GOD BLESS SEE GREATER THINGS ARE COMING TO YOUR FAMILY YOU MIGHT HAVE A SUPER STAR IN THE MAKING~