Friday, October 3, 2008

Answered Prayer

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1


This week has been busy but a week that I can say I've been blessed beyond words. I'm not able to go into many details at this time...but will as soon as I can...I promise! Because I would love to share what God has done for our family. At this time, I can just say that He has answered a prayer that we have prayed for many years. To be more specific a situation that we have been dealing with for 6 years has finally been addressed. I will be honest and say that there were days, weeks, and even months that I grew weary of my prayer for His help. Things with this situation would get much better...and the worse again and there were days that I just accepted things for what they were and lost hope that they would ever change.
This week, on Thursday, October 2nd, God allowed our "situation" to be resolved. In an attempt to avoid sharing further details right now...I will say God is merciful. Thank you, Lord! Thank you!

What I can share here is the amazing Word that was delivered through our pastor last Sunday.

Pastor Bryan reminded us of the times that we have lost something but don't really miss it until we NEED it. This one hit home for me because the two examples he used were car keys and our check card. Both of which I misplace quite often. In fact, just that week I had decided to start leaving my keys in the console of my car (in the garage of course) so that I wouldn't have to spend 5 minutes every time we were ready to leave looking for them. I do the same with my check card...leave it in the back pocket of my jeans, a different pocket in my purse, my office drawer...you get the picture. Back to the Biblical point...we often misplace things and don't really miss them until the moment that we need them. In fact, we don't even know they are lost until the very moment that we need them.
How often in my life have I had this approach with God? I've always known He is there for me but why should it take a bad day or even worse a tragedy for me to NEED Him. After all, don't we always Need Him?
It's ever too often that I get caught up in our to-do list for the day and forget to slow down and listen to God?
Take the challenge with me to SLOW DOWN and LISTEN to God.

I have a special request that I'd like to share here:
I would like to ask that you remember Stacy and her family in your prayers over the next few days. On Tuesday, her little Isaac will join us here on earth. She is not sure how long her blessing will be here before becoming an angel. Please pray that if it's His will, Stacy will witness a miracle. Pray for her husband, Spencer, as they attempt to comfort each other through this time.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: