Monday, October 6, 2008

Pray, Pray, Pray

I mentioned this in my previous post but wanted to post it again. I have 100 or so readers a day here...not sure who you are BUT I figured since you are here 100 more prayers will help.

Please view Stacy's blog for the full story but long story short....she has less than 24 hours before she is scheduled to deliver sweet Isaac. She has lovingly carried Isaac with the knowledge that unless God performs a miracle he will join Jesus in heaven shortly after birth.
I've included her specific request below in case you don't have time to visit her site.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to lift Stacy up in prayer.

Below are her requests:
1. For a miracle... we know that it's not too late, and that God had the power to heal Isaac should that be His will. Please don't stop asking.
2. For His peace that surpasses understanding... there's a lot we don't understand about all of this; but we desire to rest in the peace of the truth of who God is.
3. For strength... just getting through our days at work has become a pretty laborious task.
4. For my body to continue to cooperate with this medicine and not go into labor prior to October 7.
5. For my fears to be calmed about having a c-section.
6. For the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff that will be working with us... that they may see Christ through our choices, through our love for Isaac, and through our love for each other.
7. For the doctors performing the c-section... that they would be able to navigate this more "complicated" procedure in a way that would be as pain-free as possible for Isaac and that wouldn't put my body or health in jeopardy in any way.
8. For Spencer... that God would strength and uphold him as he continues to comfort and support me.
9. For our parents and siblings... they, too, are experiencing a loss.
10. For the details we're trying to work on regarding a burial service and a memorial service for Isaac... that the details would come together and they would both honor Isaac and bring glory to God.
11. For the details we're working on with our church regarding having a playground built in Isaac's honor
12. For a good night's sleep each night, and particularly the night of October 6.
13. For God to carry us and make His presence very real to us in the weeks and months to come.

4 comments:

Misty Rice said...

What a beautiful family you have. Yes I think that is the hotel and I almost put that one down earlier, but I just wasn't positive so I just didn't put anything down.

Welcome to blogging world. I have been doing for about a year now. I love it. It is sort of my release from lack of adult conversation during the day home with a baby.

Speaking of she is ready for bed. Ill stop by again later.

God Bless

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

YES ISNT THAT STORY SO SAD, I FEEL FOR STACY, THATS IS SO SWEET OF YOU TO ASK FOR SOME PRAYERS, I WAAS HAPPY TO SEE A CHURCH BEING BUILT IN THEIR NAME THATS AWESOME, I POSTED SOMETHING IN REFENCE TO THAT A WHILE AGO, SO SWEET, HOWS MIA DOING , NO MORE SCARY BEACH ENCOUNTERS THANK GOD THAT WAS A BIT SCARY, STICK TO TEH SHALLOW END OF THE POOL. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS CAR POOL LINE AWAITS

Shawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn said...

Tiffany, Thank you for introducing yourself and for your words of encouragement. I stopped by Stacy's blog and read that Baby Isaac is with Jesus now. I can testify to the Lord being with our family as we have walked through the valley of the shadow of death with my sisters and brothers this spring and summer. Thank you for bringing Isaac's story to my attention. My heart goes out to Stacy and her family.

Blessings to you and your beautiful family